Applications for the 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship cycle are now open. Deadline for submission is September 20, 2022. To learn more and to apply, visit the link below.
Having funded over 200 students from around the world since the program's conception, we are proud to continue supporting exceptional PhD scholars in a variety of technology research domains. More information is available on the program page, but here are some details at a glance, as well as application guidance.
At a glance
Eligible applicants are:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (fall 2023)
- Engaged in research relevant to one of the available fellowships described on the program page
The program is open to PhD students at universities around the world. See eligibility criteria for more details, including eligibility restrictions.
What does the award entail?
Winners of the Meta Research PhD Fellowship are entitled to receive:
- Two years of paid tuition and fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs
- Various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers
- An invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit
Meta does not claim any right to work performed during or as a result of the Fellowship. All research conducted by the Fellow belongs to the Fellow. This excludes any work completed as a Meta employee, should the Fellow do an internship or consult as part of their Fellowship.
See funding details for information related to payment, use of funds, tax information, and more.
How do I apply?
Applications must include:
- A 500-word research statement that clearly identifies the anticipated research’s area(s) of focus, its importance to the field, and its applicability to Meta
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic adviser
See how to apply for more information about materials and letters of recommendation. Check out the video below for guidance on the application process.