We aim to make the process light touch to reduce the burden of preparing an application. Applicants should submit a proposal consisting of a (maximum of) 2 pages. Proposals should focus on the scientific contribution and means of (experimental or theoretical) evaluation, together with a budget overview (maximum of $50,000 USD), outlining how the proposed funding will be used. In place of proposer CVs please simply include links to DBLP and/or Google Scholar™ pages for the proposers.
Facebook will organize a one-day conference at which recipients will attend, present and discuss their work.
Successful awardees will be listed on the Facebook Research website and will be encouraged to openly publish any findings/insights from their work.
Galois Inc have offered to provide some free consulting to help teams demonstrate their research on open-source CI infrastructure. Galois is a research consultancy with a focus on transitioning academic ideas to industrial practice.
Award amount: Awards up to $50,000 USD will be given. Payment will be made to the proposer’s host university as an unrestricted gift.
Proposals should include
- Names of the researcher(s) involved in the proposed work with links to their DBLP and/or Google Scholar pages
- Host academic research institution
- Clear and concise statement of the the scientific contribution and routes to eventual deployment
- Indication of any previous or current connections/collaborations with Facebook (in which case please name any Facebook contacts)
- A proposed budget
Timing and dates
- Applications are now closed.
- Notifications will be sent by email to selected applicants in September, 2018.