Selected proposals will help formulate of one or more new programs within Facebook Connectivity for future funded work and targeted Requests for Proposal (RFP) calls through the following mechanisms.
Proposers of selected white papers will receive an invitation to participate in a December 11–12, 2019 workshop at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park. Invited participants will share their concepts in focused sessions with Facebook Connectivity personnel, other proposers, and potentially other external guests such as domain expert specialists. Collaborations between proposers resulting from these sessions are highly encouraged and do not need to include Facebook directly. Facebook will pay for reasonable travel and lodging expenses for invited participants.
Presenters at the workshop will also have the option to include their workshop presentation material, subject to Facebook publication review, in any public release of the workshop findings and conclusions, such as at research.fb.com and connectivity.fb.com.
Future Facebook Requests for Proposals will likely look to fund proposals in a phased manner, with phases typically in the 6 to 12-month range. Per-phase funding could range from approximately $50,000 for a small study up to approximately $1,000,000 for a project with direct impact to a population. Please note such awards are prospective and not being offered in this RFI.
Especially meritorious white paper proposals under this RFI may be selected for an immediate Request for Full Proposal to include additional requested information and a binding Statement of Work to be performed under contract, project schedule, and not-to-exceed cost including a Basis of Estimate.
- Proposed work must comply with applicable U.S. and international laws, regulations and policies
- White paper proposals from academic institutions, non-governmental organizations, and other for-profit and non-profit organizations will all be considered for both the current program evaluation and future funded activities
- Multiple white paper proposals may be submitted from an organization
- Multiple white paper proposals may be submitted by an individual
- You agree that Facebook will not be required to treat any part of the proposal not clearly and locally identified “proprietary” as confidential or protected by copyright. (Please note that this overrides the confidentiality item in our terms and conditions below.)
For more information about Verdant Place, visit our blog. For questions related to this RFI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.